Membership of the IGS
The Irish Gerontological Society (IGS) is the foremost multidisciplinary society in Ireland concerned with gerontology: the science and study of the ageing process. This includes the study of changes in older people’s physical and cognitive health, and the social changes people experience as they age.
Members of the IGS stem from the whole of Ireland, representing professions and disciplines involved in areas such as health and social care, economics, the social and built environments and technology
Traditionally, registration at our Annual and Scientific Meeting includes the membership fee for the society for 12 months. Given that we are not in a position to hold our annual meeting this year we are offering membership independently.
Why Join The IGS ?
- Access to member-only online events
- Access to Abstract Submission for 2021 Annual and Scientific Meeting
- Access the most recent research through the IGS blog and members e-journal
- Accreditation for CPD at our online events
- Encouragement to submit research papers at study days and scientific meetings
- Participation in international networks through our membership of IAGG
- Collaborate with our members on research and influence submissions and policy development
- Participate in the Road to the IGS Programme
*Student rate is applicable for those registered in an undergraduate programme or in a graduate entry programme such as Graduate Entry Medicine. Students who are registered in a MSc, PhD programme etc are not eligible for the student rate
Already Have an account?